Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

1st grade play



Wed. morning was Leanna's class' play.

I only took a few pictures with the camera, I felt funny taking pictures there. I mainly did video. That's my baby! In her first play! I can't really say what it was about, other than something having to do with a zoo and animals because everyone talked rather quietly and my attention was somewhat distracted by Justin and Timothy wanting to go to the bathroom and Jacob's fussiness. But it was really cute. I managed to get some video (with both the regular and video cameras) but I don't have the entire play. They preformed it twice because the teacher's husband came late. The second time around I was prepared, but the boys were just too rowdy and I had to stop. Timothy got lost as we were leaving-he was found in the teacher's rest room. He had pulled off a poopy diaper and was about to sit on the teacher's potty. He was rather indignant that I didn't let him finish. Thank goodness I had brought wipes and an extra diaper! Today he picks to refuse to use the diaper, of all days!

Afterwards we tried to get a haircut at a place I noticed within walking distance, but they required appointments and frankly seemed rather snobby so I wouldn't go there anyway. So since we were out we decided to give the library a try. I wanted to sign Leanna up for the summer reading program. I ended up signing the boys up as well, I read to them and they get prizes. We'll see how it goes, as I am not the greatest at remembering dealines for returning books and our visits to the library must be short ones. No matter how many times before, during, and after I remind them of library rules they are still too noisy to stay for long.

2 comments:

Sue said...

You definitely have your hands full with 3 boys all wanting different things. The play sounded so cute! I always love going to school to hear my boys sing in the school concert in elementary school days.

The library sounds really nice for the summer. The boys will get used to being quiet when they have to. I know it will be challenging but I'm sure they can do it.

sajmom said...

You have more confidance than I do! Justin particularly just has no volume control. I remind them over and over that we must whisper.....to no avail. And Timothy is the loudest of all. Sure he talks with this tiny little voice, but when he's mad or upset WOW! And yesterday Jacob cried throughout the process of checking out the books. There's nothing I can do about him though. He doesn't know what quiet means yet. So we'll try it, they will just all have to be quick visits when everyone is in a good mood.