Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another blog

Just found this blog again, the one I stole half my name from(cause it was just too perfect). I enjoy a lot of her stuff, she has a great sense of humor. When she writes about her mom it makes me cry. I'm including the following post because I found it too funny. But there's more on her blog if you like her style. (I recommend the one on trying not to join the PTA).

Clean-up on Aisle 4! Crazy lady peed!
May 7, 2008
I know better than to go to the store late at night. The check-out staff is down to one or two or you are stuck with the horrid U-Scan piece of torture. But, alas, I had to go pick up things that they kids simply HAD TO HAVE by morning.
However, apparently I chose to check out at just the wrong time.
You see, the checkout stand right beside me had big drama going on. And by big drama I mean, there was great dispute over a 35 cent coupon. Was it a double coupon? A triple coupon? Can we take this? Oh the severity of the situation! It took 4 checkers and an assistant manager to try to figure out the problem.
Which of course was of great interest to the woman checking me out. She did not care one bit that I was standing there. She was so focused on the BIG DRAMA of the coupon issue, she heard nothing I said to her.
Our conversation went about like this (as she only looked at the other checker and not at all at me)

Checker: Do you have your club card?
Me: You are holding it.
Checker: I can wait.
Me: Sure here you go. See! Right there in your hand. I am so good! Score! (Sarcasm beginning to hit a high point for me.)
Checker: (while oh so busy fretting over the coupon caper DRAMA): So, ma’am, did you find everything you needed?
Me: Actually, no. I couldn’t find your bathrooms so I PEED on Aisle 4.
Checker: I’m sorry. Did you need a raincheck for that?
Me: Nope. Totally took care of the situation then and there and feel much better now.
Checker: Good. Glad we could help.

That was really our conversation. Now, the line was about 7 people deep and the woman behind me was about to literally wet her pants laughing. All this time the checker was oblivious.
But really? Totally worth the laugh to mock her. As I left she gave the standard, “Come again!” to which I replied, “Didn’t come the first time, but here’s to hoping for the next time!” She just nodded at me and told me to have a good night.
Gotta love that customer service!
Posted by Jenn

No comments: