Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

crafts

Yesterday Leanna and I finally made one of those bead things you iron on top of. It makes a design and the beads melt together(could be used in a window or as a coaster or an ornament, etc.). I bought it from A.C. Moore for a dollar, and we finally had a bit of time where both her brothers were sleeping. I had a million things I could be doing, but I figured spending some time together would be a better option. I still felt guilty though. It took her a bit to get into making it-the beads are pretty small-but she's really proud of the end result.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

i was at the dollar store the other day and they actually have small cross stitch kits...they are really coming along in the craft dept. I wish i was closer to an AC Moore...

sajmom said...

Do you have a Michaels' or Joann's? They sell craft/sewing stuff too and both run coupons. I hope to pass the crafting gene on to all my kids!

Anonymous said...

Oh and don't forget to put the wax paper over it. Once in a school event, I was helping the kids make these and I tried to iron one without the paper and the beads melted to the iron.