Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Belly button curiosity

As I've said before, my most popular post ever was the one on Timothy's belly button. It gets at least one hit a day, often more. I find that so funny. Jamie sent me a link to show me that if you google outie belly buttons, Timothy is on the first page! Try it. I also clicked on the first link because I was curious what belly button surgery was for. Turns out, it's one of the fastest growing cosmetic surgeries! Wow. I don't think there's a tremendous difference between the before and after picture. I wonder how much people pay to have that done. I think I have far better things to worry about and I hope most people do too!

As more and more women wear belly shirts, low-rise jeans, and other fashions that bare the navel, the previously overlooked belly button is the new hot item on the growing list of body features that women obsess about. As more people engage in navel-gazing, those who don’t like what they see are increasingly going under the knife to convert their undesirable “outie” belly buttons to the fashionably-acceptable “innie”.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ha! i found it interesting too that only 10% of people have outies...and nobody really knows why they get them!