Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

We're havin' a baby!!

The kid's on his way out soon.......the head keeps getting lower and lower and I'm three centimeters dialated. I had sporadic contractions this morning. We have a choice to make, I can take some pills and have the midwife strip the membranes and we'll have a baby that day. I am so anxious to have the baby already. But that just feels really strange to me. Kickstarting nature is one thing, actually chosing is another. I'm not sure what I am going to do. It feels wrong to pick the day. But then again, I honestly think this baby is ready to come out, something, probably me, is holding him back. Everytime I've had the bad contractions I've rushed around trying to get things ready for him to come out and I end up stressing out. Not really conducive to labor. I'm really hoping that I am in early labor already and he'll come out tonight/tomorrow on his own so I don't have to actually make the decision. That is still a possibility.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

good luck steph with whatever happens! i'm sure whatever it is will work out fine :-) i can imagine how the temptation must be there to be able to "pick" the day so you can prepare!