Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A verbal picture of life right now

What it's like around here now:

Our normal schedule is a little out of whack. I spend so much time holding, feeding, burping, and changing Jacob that it throws off other things. He eats a lot right now. For example, I'm about to go put someone to bed but then I have to feed then burp, then change the baby. Quite a bit of time can pass before all that's done. It'll take a bit til things get predictable again.
I'm still a little bit in a fog. Although I feel soooooooooooooooo much better now that the baby's out, my body is still sore and very tired. ( I love that I can bend over again!!) I still can only do so much cleaning and running around before I have to stop and rest. They don't call it labor for nothing! Actually breastfeeding good in that respect, it forces you to sit for a bit. I think from all the hormones being stirred up from giving birth, my face is out (the hemangeoma in my cheek). That's a little painful, it means it's hard to smile and I can't open my mouth all the way.
We're still sleeping in later and ironically, while Jacob's been waking only a few times a night to eat, it's Justin who's been loudly waking and driving his father CRAZY. Tom's schedule is off too, although I think it's just because he's been staying up too late and then he can't fall asleep. When he finally does start drifting off is usually when Justin wakes up. Fun ensues.
The house is still a wreck. Timothy's taken to pulling off his diapers after he poops. And occasionally for no reason (hasn't gone #1 or 2). If we don't realize the diaper is off he sometimes leaves some aromatic surprises. The other night Justin had fallen asleep and peed and I had cleaned that one up and was sitting feeding the baby when Timothy pooped on a kitchen chair. That left Tom to clean it and let me tell you he was NOT happy about it!! In fact, if I hadn't just cleaned up another mess I think he would have made me do it while feeding the baby! (Again-yeah, it's gross but this is still the man who picks up the dead animals and kills and touches all kinds of bugs and gross stuff at work? I don't get the utter disgust for human fluids.....) Justin's also picked up Leanna's fear of going ANYWHERE alone. That is a huge pain in the butt. He won't go upstairs alone, he won't go to the bathroom alone, etc. etc.
But as I said, the baby is very sweet, and he's a good baby so far. He more than makes up for any of these annoyances!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Right now my life sounds like your life Steph with raising 2 little puppies. It is like having to little babies at one time. One puppy was just fine but then we had to get another puppy, let me tell you it's not fun. Cleaning up after them and chasing them trying to get things from them that they are not suppose to have. Fun, fun, fun.

Chuck has it easy while I raise the puppies. I would have been fine with one puppy, but it sure takes it toll on you having 2 puppies. Yes, grant it, it sure is fun having them, but it is a lot of work on me, who has to do all the work, ie; take them to the doctors for shots and get them groomed, clean up after them. These puppies will have to get haircuts, where my golden and lab didn't. So, yes they are going to be a handful.

Sometimes I think we are NUTS! It is like having little children running around the house again. We are suppose to be in our prime of life, not raising little babies, LOL.

Michele said...

Maybe some of this is subconscious reactions to having a new baby in the house and will lessen as the newness wears off.

I'm surprised you have time to blog! Good for you to take some 'you' time!