Search This Blog

Friday, October 20, 2006

Progress in school

Leanna wrote her first sentence completely on her own last night. She was just practicing writting, something she likes to do, and she wrote: Go to the door. I didn't ask her to write anything, and she had been practicing numbers before. So she remembered the words all on her own! She still forgets how to hold the pencil (by the way Sue, they have the big fat pencils at the school-they just stay there.) and she still frequently writes things sideways or backwards. But she still really seems to enjoy learning which is great!

Friday is prize day at school-I think anyone who has a green star for every day of the week gets to pick a prize. So far she's been getting prizes each time. She's been on a fish theme, last week it was a bathtub squirting fish, this week a fish bookmark clip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad they still have the fat pencils in school, because that helps them to learn how to hold a pencil more correctly, than the thin ones.

I even like writing with a fatter pen in my hand, than a thinner one. It is least stress on my fingers, when I have to do a lot of writing. Try it sometime and see what you think. I prefer a gripper pen, than a smoothe one, also.

When I was in school, the teacher liked my handwriting so much that I was always picked to write with carbon paper. That made me feel important.