Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Catching Up

I'm in the mood to blog today (havent' been in the mood for a while) and I have lots to catch up on, if I can just remember! Maybe it's partially because I need to get movin' on Leanna's Halloween costume and I just don't feel like it. Here's a few short ones that I can think of right now:

Last night I was reading stories to Leanna and Justin, mainly Leanna, and Justin let out a big burp. This is pretty rare for him and I said, quite surprised, "Justin? Was that you?" And he pointed to the story we were reading, a Dora the Explorer book, and said, "No. Dora!" Wow. He's two and already he's learned to blame his burps on someone else! I wonder how long it will take until he realizes that this technique will work much better when he learns to blame it on 1.someone actually in the room and 2. someone who is not a cartoon character.

Timothy can blow his nose! I know that doesn't sound so amazing, but when you take into account that Leanna has only learned how to really do that in the past year or so.........and Justin only learned how to do it the past month or two! Justin doing it probably helped teach Timothy. And he actually is blowing his nose-I could feel the air blowing out-he wasn't just making noise with his mouth. Yes, I know. My children are so talented. Or "special" as my sister calls them.

Justin helped me mash potatoes last night. He was afraid to try at first, because of the noise, but then he really got into it. And he only lifted the mixer into the air once! So I am still cleaning the potato bits off the kitchen.


Leanna helped me make chocolate chip cookies last night too.

I let Maree make chocolate pudding this weekend. And I let her make her own eggs now too. She's still really into cooking. And I was happy and amazed to find out that she's actually used the cookbook we (I) got her for last Christmas! I got her Emeril's There's a Chef in my Soup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

uh oh, you better watch out Steph, it's going to be the vacuum cleaner all over hehe.....