Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Focusing on the good.

I still can't post pictures, blogger's not cooperating again. But I'm trying to see the positive stuff today. It certainly didn't start out well with the battles with Leanna. But I got home and in the mail there was a thing giving me a $25 gift card if I sign up for online access for a credit card. I prefer it that way anyway! And now maybe I can buy a new pair of jeans! It's extra money and it can only be used in the store so it's not like it could go for bills anyway. Almost every pair of pants I own either has holes in one or both knees or they're too big and make me look larger than I actually am. Another peice of mail was a letter that my sears card was upgraded to premier status. It doesn't up your credit line. Supposedly it just gives you access to more sales and stuff. Really it isn't any different, I think they're just trying to get you to use your card more. But it does give me a pretty shiny card. So that's got to count for something! Justin and Timothy are playing together fairly nicely.

I was reading the Dilbert blog again, and he's got a post on the power of affirmations (.http://dilbertblog.typepad.com/the_dilbert_blog/ ) He tried it and it seemed to work for him. He doesn't claim that it's a magical cure or that it will work for everyone. I find it interesting. I think a lot of it just boils down to the power of positive thinking. That's something I struggle with. By nature I am a pessimist. Well, somewhat, I think that some of the time it's not pessimism, it's realism. I like to think that I look at things realistically. But there is definite negative streak in me and it's something I have to work on. I think I would be much happier if I could learn to focus on the positive stuff instead of all the bad. Dilbert's had a few recent posts on similar topics that I find really interesting. He posted on how to distinguish between a really great idea and a really horrible one(because you can usually spot the mediocre ones) and he's posted on the topic of sucess in life. I think it's worth checking out if you have time. Interesting to scan the comments too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup, I'd say you have a negative streak in you, especially where you're concerned....and you need to learn to accept compliments...graciously!!!

That's where I most see your negativity, when it's concerning you. You have a hard time accepting the fact that there is a lot of good things about you, there are things that you can do that are wonderful, the way you look, and your accomplishments. That stubborn streak?---helps you to accomplish a lot. When I think about you, I am proud of you, proud that you are MY daughter. And I'm not just saying that because I have to because I'm your mother. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I agree with your MOM. I am also very proud to have you as my DAUGHTER-IN-LAW. You know how to love my son unconditionally and love your children with all you have. There is a lot of love that comes out of you and it shows just by how your husband responds to you and how your kids are around you. Things may be tough, trying to raise your close in age children, but you are really doing a good job, with what you all have.

You have to remember that God only gives you what you can handle and when you have trouble, he lifts you in his arms and helps you get through the difficulties.

It is sometimes OK to be stubborn, but don't let it stop you from accepting someone's help, advice, or anything else a person has to offer you. I'm not saying this just because you married my son. I see what's in your heart and how you project it through your personality.

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!

I love you too!