Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A frame Leanna made me in Brownies, I can't find the picture for it, and another card from Leanna (I think she gave me 5 total)
Tom with Nanny J. at Gracedale. We had an interesting visit today. It was cute, Tom went over and said hi to her and she stood up to come visit and said, "wow are these all your children? I had no idea you had them!" And she kept counting us over and over during the visit. Though she came up with different numbers every time. I prepped the kids beforehand, but they were still reluctant to say hi and talk to her. It's hard because the kids don't understand how Alzheimer's affects a person. I explained a bit to Leanna, but the kids were a little bit afraid of her. Another elderly gentleman told Leanna he was 14 and she looked at me like, "What??!!" I'll bet the staff there overhear a lot of interesting conversations.
I'm very glad we went, especially for Tom's sake (although hours later she didn't remember we were ever there).

No comments: