Search This Blog

Monday, April 07, 2008

Bad day





The calendar page if from March but it applies so nicely!! Well it started out fun with no sleep.....Leanna spilled chocolate milk all over her pink pants, so it was a rush to try to clean them and find her a new pair. Tom's working an early shift this week so I had all four kids with me to take Leanna to school and I had to go to the bank and they don't open til 8:30. It doesn't make sense to go home, I'd just have to turn right around again to come back so I bought some milk and a coffee at the gas station across the street to help kill time. They didn't have the little 50 cent bars the kids like so Timothy started crying. The coffee I bought was cold after I poured the milk in (this is not typical, usually it's still steaming hot) so it didn't help to keep me warm while waiting for the bank to open. : (

Our new stroller doesn't have any place to hold the adult's drink, so I have to hold it and the handlebars and Justin's hand. Not easy, so when I saw the baby was sleeping, I thought I'd set the coffee in his little drink holder tray. Since the coffee was cold there was no chance it could burn him. As we were leaving the bank, literally seconds after I told checked and told the teller that nope, he's still sleeping! Jacob woke up and reached for the coffee and had knocked it over. Now the stroller will smell like the coffee-mobil. (See me trying to find a bright side. Sort of)

It was not a good start for the day.

At home I was feeding Jacob when Timothy wandered into the kitchen. A few minutes later I go to check on him and find the above picture. Again, the bright side would be that he was trying to mop it up himself. There were only two eggs left intact. Four were cracked but whole so I made eggs, Leanna did eat them later so they weren't wasted. I don't know why Timothy touched them-he doesn't like eggs! But he tried a little before I put them away, hence the above picture of him with a plateful of eggs.

Then, since he was on a roll, I guess, Timothy put his hands in his diaper and pulled out two hands full of, well, you can guess.

Timothy and Jacob were both very needy all day. Timothy knocked over the trashcan, spilling garbage all over the floor. Justin knocked a pile of clean dishes back into the sink while washing his hands. Leanna's homework was extra difficult. Tom went to bed early and left me with four crying kids, Leanna still trying to fix her homework, trash to take out, a huge mess to clean, and food to make for the two who fell asleep early because of the earlystart to the day, and all the clothes and stuff to get ready for another early day tomorrow. Some days I miss my sanity more than others!

2 comments:

Sue said...

OMG! It sounds like the day I also had yesterday caring for Mike, my old boss. She was in rare form and took it out on me and Joe, her son-in-law. Hopefully today will be a better day for both of us.

I guess that is why the other strollers are $150.00 and more because of the extra things it has for the busy mothers. I guess they are worth the money in the long run, sorry.

sajmom said...

I thought you weren't caring for Mike anymore, that's good you have a little extra income then.

I wouldn't have had that problem if someone hadn't run off with the old broken stroller!! Then I could have re-sewn the canopies onto the new stroller to fix that problem. Arrrggh!