Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Support for parenting teens/letting kids tell their own story

A thoughtful post on the lack of support for parenting adolescents and the topic of letting your children tell their own stories online....both interesting topics. 

I like her idea of blogging only with children's initials instead of names so that what you write about them doesn't come up on a search engine.  Right now I'm fairly safe as my kids are all young, and three of them have very common first names.  I have googled them to check that their info is relatively safe, and it is.  I imagine that sometimes it would be difficult because you'd like to talk about some aspect of your (older) child's life, yet it is not just a part of your life, it's their life too and they have the right to have some control over it.  I'd imagine it's all about balance, like everything else in life. 
Yet another aspect of parenting that my parents and grandparents never had to deal with! 

No comments: