Search This Blog

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wahoo!

I'm all kinds of excited tonight!  We have internet again!  I really really missed it this time.  Particularly because of homeschooling.  Although I had saved stuff to the computer and printed things in advance; I do so much of it by the seat of my pants that it was tough.  I'm used to being able to go instantly look up something that we come across when I don't know the answer (for example: what does an English moor actully look like?  Well, I'm not sure, let's see if we can find a picture online!)  Now I can be online without bothering anyone, and I can do it inbetween making food and cleaning and everything!  I can take the proper amount of time to look for jobs and such!  It's a real relief.  It's amazing how much my spirits are bouyed by such a small thing. 
On a sidenote: does anyone using blogger know how to spellcheck posts now, with the new version of blogger I can't find it anywhere.  It has an "ABC" button but it's for strikethrough. 

Looking around craft stores lately I've noticed they are now stocking a lot of material suitable for school supplies.  Very cheap workbooks and literature in addition to educational craft and project supplies!  It's killing me to see all this great stuff I could use now or in the future and not be able to get any.  I saw some Alice In Wonderland stuff, tied in with the new movie coming out of course.  Hmmmm, I think we'll read Alice next (after we finish James and the Giant Peach) and maybe I'll manage to get one of the sticker books to tie in with it.  I did splurge on a clock with hands you can manipulate for Justin tonight.  It was $1.00, and it had a dry erase surface and pen included.  He was thrilled.  He's interested in telling time right now.  And it turns out if I tell him he's learning something faster than Leanna did, that's a huge motivator!  He gets a real kick out of that! 

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm real glad you are back online. I'm sure you did miss it a lot, cuz I know I sure would if we didn't have the internet. It is funny when we first got a computer I wouldn't go near it for months. I told Chuck that I didn't want any parts of it. Now, look at me, we have 2 computers, because I was hogging it and he couldn't get online. I enjoy playing the games on pogo.com and doing email and reading the obits to see if I know anybody that has past. So, yes, I would definitely miss the internet, now. What the heck did we do when we didn't have it. Oh, I know, we spent more time together and did things outside the house. We went for car rides, flea markets, visiting friends, to the movies. OMG, I think we made a mistake on getting a computer, LOL.