Search This Blog

Friday, February 05, 2010

Recent stuff

Recent stuff.....
*still selling cookies, so if anyone wants more Girl Scout cookies, feel free to order from your favorite girl scout! 
*Some interesting revelations this past schoolyear-Leanna really enjoys myths and poetry. 
* I recently discovered AC Moore as a source of cheap books and workbooks for homeschooling.
*One day when I commented to no one that I was hurting, Justin helpfully suggested that maybe one of my ribs fell out.
*Timothy drew me a picture of a volcano, I assume it was exploding (kind of hard to tell)
*I wrote a letter requesting a second scholarship to the Baum so Leanna can take the next session of her art class. I felt kind of guilty about that, but when I asked the secretary about it she assured me it was fine and that Leanna would almost certainly get it.  She really loves that class!
*We made our first lapbook this week when I found a free Little House in the Big Woods one online.  So I dropped any plans for the next day and we worked on that. Pictures to follow later, if possible. 

I tried a new recipie for lemmon scones, which were pretty good.

Hey, did you know if you try to kill moths by spraying water at them and accidentally spray a lightbulb......the lightbulb will actually explode a bit?
Justin and Timothy know that now.

Jacob got into some decorator iceing, that boy will eat just about anything!

Tom found a brand Jacob can have, so there they sat, each with their own bag!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Yes, O knew that with the light bulb, especially, if the light bulb is on. When the wet hits the hot bulb it sizzles, then pops, and out goes the light, LOL.

How big were those scones? They really look BIG in that picture.

Jacob looks funny with those green lips.

I'm really glad there is a brand of junk food out there that Jacob can eat. Good to know!

Sue said...

It was suppose to say, Yes, I knew that....sorry hit the wrong key.

sajmom said...

I think they were about normal size for scones, maybe a little thicker. It's a close up shot though.
We're without internet again, probably for a long time. I'm checking mail from my Mom's now at random times.