Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Creative high schoolers

I thought these videos, called LipDub videos, were pretty creative.  It's nice to see something spread around that shows a positive side to youth.  Generally you only hear about the bad stuff going on in high schools.  Although we're not currently in the public educational system, I still think it's nice to hear about something good there!  Particularly a way of using modern technology that is positive and creative.  In general I think that there are mostly negative consequences to a lot of the ways teens currently use technology.  I think it has resulted in a huge loss of freedom and privacy.  (that's another blog post though) 
Here's the link to a parentdish post on several of these videos.  I particularly like the one from Shorewood High School in Seattle. Theirs is a creative version of the lipdub genre. Set to Hall & Oats' 1980's hit "You Make My Dreams Come True," the short film features students lip-syncing -- in reverse.

No comments: