Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pray or cross your fingers!

I spoke with the CPS guy today and he's coming over on Monday to have me sign a release form for the health dept. He said hopefully we can wrap this thing up. But then he wanted to know if I'd heard the results of the kids' lead tests yet. I told him and he said, didn't you say that 20 was cause for concern? I explained it to him again, but that kind of depressed me because it shows he still isn't understanding. I can't do anything to lower his lead level other than try to have him eat a healthy diet. I didn't do or not do anything to cause him to have a high lead level.
People sometimes think that children get lead in them from chewing on windows. In reality most lead cases are caused by old houses deteriorating and this causes lead dust to get in the air and on nearby surfaces. Or someone does remodeling in an area with lead paint. In our case we have so many surfacers with lead paint, that there's no way to figure out where exactly the kids' lead source was. Most likely there were multiple sources. For all we know it still could have come from dust Tom brought home with him from work.
But there is hope that we may be able to close this stupid case and I'll have one less worry on my mind.

No comments: