Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Lead update

I received calls from Judy Vega (head lead lady) and my caseworkers's supervisor today.
Justin and Timothy are both at 10. Which is fine, they'd prefer it to be under 10, but it's not a huge deal. Jacob's at 19, which is down one point from February.

The caseworker supervisor called to say she received my letter and she apologized if they gave the impression that their minds were made up before anyone ever even entered our house. She is also sending release papers for me to sign to allow them to talk to the health department. So I sign those and they should be able to confirm everything and (I hope!!) drop the case? She didn't say that, I'm just hoping. I don't know why they didn't do this immediately-considering the only reason I"m stuck with them is that someone said I wasn't concerned enough about Jacob's lead level, you'd think the first thing they would do is call the lead abatement department and Jacob's doctors and confirm with them that everything that can be done has been done. Once that's done there is no reason for them to be involved at all. But that would make sense!

No comments: