Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Jacob, at 18 months old


Jacob is now 18 months old. He now speaks in two to three word sentences, and occasionally four word. I can give him some commands, like, "put this in the garbage" or "take this to Justin" and he will do it. He's started counting a little bit. He loves to flirt with the teachers at Leanna's school.
He's quite the little stinker-into everything! He loves to play with outlets, to plug and unplug stuff. NO I DO NOT LET HIM DO THIS, I find him at it and stop him! Over and over! Justin also STILL has a huge fascination with outlets and plugs. Jacob climbs windows, chairs, tables. He loves to turn off the tv or change the channel. Much to his father's annoyance, he also likes to take the remote and hide it. He's recently begun throwing my coffee/tea mugs-which I find so odd-his older brothers also went through a stage where they did that! Jacob hasn't seen either one of them do it, so it's not like he's copying their behavior. (So take note, the cup-throwing gene must come from their father's side of the family!) He also has entered the taking off his diaper phase. It's not a consistant thing, just every now and then. Every morning that I am not awake before him, Jacob will climb off the bed and proceed to take everything off my nightstand, unplug my clock/radio, and turn on and off the air-conditioner.
He also really likes to dance and will often sing too. His dancing is either him bopping his little head from side to side or else he will stand and sway from side to side with his legs out stifly. It's adorable. He's also incredibly affectionate with his siblings. I've quite frequently seen him hugging them, particularly Justin. Right now Justin's name is the word Jacob uses the most. He's been letting Leanna hold him while she bounces him on the excersize ball and puts him to sleep that way. Unfortunately he always wakes up when she tries to set him down. He's still a very smiley, happy guy. The only problem is his excema-that still keeps him awake at night. I will ne so happy if we find a solution to get rid of it. Since his is so bad, I doubt it will go away on it's own.

4 comments:

Sue said...

The cup throwing doesn't come from the father's side, sorry to say. The boys never did that. Toys yes, but cups no.

The dancing with the stiff legs is how Uncle Billy danced when he was Jacob's age. He was so cute swaying back and forth.

Uncle Billy was so cute every time a camera would be seen by him he would automatic look at the camera and smile.

I always loved the 18-24 age bracket in kids because they are so much into exploring and getting into trouble at that age.

sajmom said...

Ok, I will modify my statement. The throwing things that shouldn't be thrown gene! Better? Lol. Don't you know that everything bad comes from their father?! It's a rule!!

Laura said...

That's right! We were all perfect angels, so it couldn't possibly come from Steph!

Sue said...

I believe that, too! We can't do NO wrong in our books.

My best memory of Tom at that age was when he fell down the steps with a cup of cereal and was upset that his cereal was spilled out of his cup. Let me explain.......When my boys were little I had large plastic cups that I would put dry cereal in and the loved climbing the steps in there sleepers. Well, this one day his was walking down the steps and slipped on the last couple and he landed on the landing with his cup just about empty. I could have cared less about the cereal as I went to check on him, but not Tom. He was so upset that his cup was almost empty, he kept crying my cereal, my cereal. You might have a picture of him in his Winnie the Pooh sleeper he wore during that fall.