Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Not for the sensitive......

If the word penis offends you, ignore this post.
My mother-in-law uses this expression, "Go pound sand." I've always wondered about that-what is the point of pounding sand? It would just be busywork, with no point. Is that what they mean? Go pound sand so I don't have to deal with you? My mother-in-law didn't know the origins.

So I came across this poll on circumcision, asking people to be polite and non-judgemental. I was curious if this was possible, that's one of those loaded topics that people seem incapable of politely discussing. So I was skimming through the comments (and for the most part, people were just stating their choices, and why) and did find a few interesting tidbits. One person commented that after researching it, they came across two reasons people began circumcizing: 1. anti-masturbation(which is why religions started encouraging it) and 2. because of a story about sand in the dessert (in case their son might ever have to fight in the dessert). A later commenter included a link proving the sand thing was a myth, and I was reading that link and came across this last sentence in a letter from Richard L. Matteoli, DDS San Andreas, California a retired Navy dentist who spent most of his time with the Marines, off & on 1971-2005: "I think this sand-penis thing is packing the sand in another orifice." Visit the link to read what preceeds that sentence, it's the last letter on the page. Makes me wonder if that isn't where the saying originated? (just a politer way of saying it?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His body = His choice

end non-consensual circumcision

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbo3a9ubaz4