Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

In case anyone else can go....

I had a chance to go see Kate, of Jon and Kate Plus Eight. A friend is going to meet her at Hackmans in Whitehall on Dec. 18th and offered to take me along. But I can't go because that's Winter Craft Night at school, which is a big deal. I intended to take the kids to the fall craft night but the school had sent home notes which listed 2 different locations and different times. So when we got there no one was there and the kids were all upset.
Even if we had made it to the fall one, the winter one is a bigger deal-they hold it at the church, people bring food, there are more crafts, last year Santa was there, and I'm hoping to get Tom to come again too.

But I would actually love to meet Kate, I think they are planning to move far away so I likely wouldn't have another chance to meet her if they do move. I admire her organizational skills and the way she makes all the holidays special, I LOVE their sense of family, and being in this thing together, I like that they present their marital relationship the way it is, flawed but still clearly loving, and unlike apparently most of their viewers, I like Mady (one of their older children, a twin) because Leanna is JUST LIKE HER! (likes to be in control, dramatic, has meltdowns, is either extremely on or off, rarely inbetween! Special and talented, high need for attention, a sweatheart whose attributes are sometimes hidden by the drama of her flaws).

4 comments:

Blushed said...

I'm going to take my camera and hope I can at least get some pictures for you. I am taking the day off and camping out there like 4 hours early, so maybe if we see her set up I can get some good shots.

Michele said...

OMG, Alyssa is dying that she can't be there! She and her roommate, Sarah, love them! She's telling me now that I just HAVE to go! She comes home the next day for her winter break...and probably would come home just for that if she didn't have a final the next morning at 8 am!!

sajmom said...

Yeah, I guess that is likely to attract a crowd, huh?
I have her book, Multiple Blessings, if anyone wants to borrow it to read.

Blushed said...

I just bought the book last week because I believe she will only do autographs if you have the book. Since we live close by, if you would like, I could pick up your copy of the book before we go to the signing and have Dan hold your book to get it autographed.