Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

little people, stretchy pants.......

Some of you have heard this story, but I wanted to record it for posterity.

A few weeks ago a commercial was on for Little People Big World. It's a show that follows the daily lives of the Roloff family — parents Matt and Amy, and their four children: Zach, Jeremy, Molly and Jacob. Matt, Amy and Zach are little people, while Jeremy, Molly and Jacob are of average height. Of course I realize now that I didn't give a very good explanation, but at the time I was busy doing other things and didn't give it my full attention. Since Leanna didn't ask any more questions, I didn't give it anymore thought.
Fast forward to a couple days before Christmas. I'm doing last minute shopping at night with my Mom and Leanna came along since she didn't have school. We were in the car and she's complaining that the man in the next car keeps looking at her. I said maybe he' s wondering why you're not in bed. She said no, maybe he thinks I'm one of those little people, like on that show? It took me a couple seconds to realize what she was talking about. She continued, you know, like those people who put things in their pants? That confused me for a minute, and my Mom looked a little disturbed, until I realized-I had told her that their genes had things in them that caused them to be created like that! Their genes! Hysterical laughter ensued!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Kids are so darn cute the way they hear things, when they hear us talking.