Search This Blog

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Interesting

My sister wrote about finding a person who believes in her and that she can accomplish great things. It reminded me of a similar person I used to know. He was a professsor, and I decided to "google him" to see what came up. (Not much aside from mentions of him as a great professor and one blog where a former student lists about 5 quotes from him. He's older so there aren't many online references). So out of curiosity I decided to look up a few other teachers. I think it's can be fascinating to do these searches because you run into all sorts of things that aren't what you were looking for, but are interesting nonetheless.
This article has a breif quote from one of my former professors, but the man it's written about sounds very intersting. He left the English Dept. before I got there, but he sounds like his class would have been fascinating. "Raconteur, renaissance man, the working man's intellectual. He is a storyteller void of pretense, gleefully following his synapses wherever they take him. Keeping up is half the fun."
I love the recipie book extras, and the brief info on the tomato. (I think I have a few cat-lover readers-can any of you explain the Pizza Pieno recipie quote to me?)
Ok, the baby's sleeping now, so my blog posting ends. Too much to do!

No comments: