Search This Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I love Christmastime.  It's my favorite holiday.  Although it can be tiring and sometimes stressful I love it all and think it's well worth it.  It's hard to do a lot of the stuff we do with the kids while they're young, but I think it's so good for them (and in different ways for me as well).  It's tough at the time, but you go back and look at the pictures with such fond memories of that particular year, that particular time period......I absolutley wouldn't trade it for anything. 
And I'm always looking for new traditions and foods to add to our family holiday routine.  Especially since our lack of a family vehicle really cuts back on the things we can do.  But particularly this year, I am tired.  I think I'm going to do a lot of sleeping next week!  We've had so much going on lately......decorating the house, decorating the tree, advent calendars, planing and making gifts, making & decorating cookies and deserts, a trip to see Santa, going to Q-Mart, watching Christmas movies and specials, reading Christmas stories, taking holiday pictures, letters to Santa, wrapping presents, listening to holiday music, and all the cleaning and planning required to do all of the above! 
I hope everyone else is having a great holiday season as well!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments: