Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing (hopefully not!)

So as the name question has come up again, I've been looking around for ideas.......the girl name's been in place for years, we just need to figure out a boy name.  I'd say we need a name that suggests a mild tempernment, but as this kid's already dancing up a storm, I think that wouldn't do the trick.  We just can't make a child that isn't a little wild. 
Leanna looked around and came up with a short list of names she liked, interestingly enough, one of which was Lavinia which is a name used on her father's side of the family (and she didn't know that).  Timothy came down one day and announced to me that he knew what we could name the baby!!  Cat in the Hat!!  And Justin likes the name Jason (which would give an identical name of a family member in the area) and he also suggested Cinderella.  Jacob thinks we should just name it "Baby." 
Since I don't think we'll be using any of those names, I'm still looking.  Tonight I was reminded of sites like Baby's Named a Bad, Bad Thing.  With entries that amuse me like:
"I'm considering Christina/Kristina/Krystina for my baby girl that will be born in two weeks. I don't want to use a name that is too popular. I am also considering Christiana/Kristiana/Krystiana. Does this last group sound too fancy or sophisticated?



Don't worry, with a sophisticated name like Kystiana, she'll be moved up from regular lap dances to the Champagne Room in no time."
:  )

No comments: