Search This Blog

Monday, October 18, 2010

Timothy's Donut Shoppe

We didn't have much money at all, so I knew I'd have to make something special to make up for the lack of presents.  Not that I think every kid need tons of stuff, but they are used to a certain relative amount and it wouldn't be fair to give one child so much less than the others.  I do not at all think things must be perfectly even, but I try to keep things close to the same level. 



This is a shoe box, covered with layers of tissue paper (and modge podge).  The lid also becomes a serving tray for the food.  I made some felt donuts and eggs and pancakes with a pat of butter.  (I have to make the syrup to sit atop the pancakes also. It will just sit on top, not be attached).  I washed a coffee cup and lid & straw (with holders) to go with the donut shop theme.  I think I'll be making more felt food for Christmas!

PS. Thanks to Claire and my Mom for getting me out so I could get the supplies to make this (just barely) in time!!

No comments: