Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Farmer's Market/Apple Fest





Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market/Apple Festival.  We arrived at the tail end though, but we were still able to watch glass blowing (she made an alien spaceship) and we stopped at a booth with wool and spinning wheels.  They were selling shawls and had spinning wheels and a few small sheep there too.  They let us have two samples of their wool, one in yarn form.  We walked around and saw lots of organic (non-certified) food booths. I stopped to talk to a man selling honey.  I had no idea there are about 200 types of honey!  He let me sample four kinds.  I bought a local one he recommended to try to get Jacob to eat, as a safe way to expose him to local pollen.  The man was impressed that all the kids stayed quiet while we waited and then while he and I talked and I sampled.  So he gave us a little mini-container of another kind of honey free. 
I discovered Justin is my big honey lover. 
We walked around for a while afterwards too.  It was a nice afternoon. 

No comments: