Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Individual shots

Justin wanted to be superman.  Since he already had the cape, we put together an outfit-blue t-shirt, red underwear, blue tights, and sprayed on boots.  If it looks a bit wierd it's largely becuase he's wearing a shirt and a jacket underneath his t-shirt and pants and sneakers under the tights.
I put in two pictures of the cutest cookie sheet ever!  because I couldn't decide which one to include.  I cut up a cardboard box and taped the sides of the cookiesheet.  Next I covered it with duct tape (a roll of duct tape for Jacob's costume cost $3 or $4 dollars), then I traced a cookie-cutter and decorated the "cookies" and attached a spatula with gingerbread themed ribbon I'd got from a clearance bin (who knows when) for $1.00 and used the ribbon to put it around his neck as well.  Then I added an oven mitt to complete the look. 

When I came home with the witch hat Leanna decided she wanted to be a witch for halloween.  I said but we don't have a dress for you, and she came up with this Halloween shirt that Nanny Sue gave us a few years back.  She had black boots that completed the look, along with a green face.   Since it was so cold, she wore pants under the witch dress.  (the wind kept blowing her hat off and Leanna actually carried a broomstick for part of the night, but it just got to cold to have in her hands, so I carried it part of the time too). 


The favorite costume of the night-Mr. Lego!
I've been waiting to make this one for a year now!! 
One guy even asked to have a picutre taken with him to post on his facebook account. 
Everyone LOVED this, and some commented that it must have taken a long time to make, but it was actually not complicated at all.  I saved and cut yogurt containers and attached them to the body and headpiece.  I covered the boxes in tape (because the original dollar store spray paint wasn'tshowing well on a plain box) cut out the holes for arms, head, and body then some coats of red spray paint completed it.  A can of spray paint cost $4.00, and I already had the tape I used to cover the boxes.     


No comments: