Search This Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Last minute changes

I thought I had green face-scrub stuff that I could use on her face, but alas it turned out it was a jar of green body butter (which does not stay green when you apply it).  So we had to make due with blue eye shaddow all over her face instead.  It looked green though, so it all worked out!
  Leanna's hat was the only costume purchase-$1.00 at Target.  I actually just picked it up because it was cute and I could see all the kids playing with it, whether it was used for Halloween or not. 
Justin's red boots caused the most problems.  He's wearing them over his sneakers.  I sewed togther the bottoms of some leggins (adult female) that I've had for about 15 years, and we spray-painted the bottoms red to look like boots. The paint just wouldn't dry and the material was absorbing all the spray and with all that spray they were sticking together.   Plus they weren't sprayed high enough, so Tom had to add some duck tape and spray that red to make them look like boots. 



And Jacob crashed into Timothy's costume knocking off one of his bumps, so that had to be reattached and sprayed over last minute!

No comments: