Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mr. Popper's Penguins

We just started reading Mr. Popper's Penguins tonight and Leanna and Justin were LOVING that book.  I just found this free Mr. Popper's Penguin lapbook.  Really neat.  I love that you can find so many sources of really great ideas for education.  You don't have to homeschool to take advantage of these ideas either!

Jacob argued with me that those pictures were not of penguins!  "That's bird!" he stubbornly insisted.  We did have an interesting discussion after I stopped reading about the North and South Poles.  (Justin: Can you take an airplane to the North Pole?  Me: I think you have to travel by reindeer, like Santa!  Timothy, suddenly interested: Yeah!  Santa uses reindeer!!  Justin was asking questions about where the two poles were, so I'll have to remember to show them on a map.  It was hard to explain exactly how they are at opposite ends of the earth.  I'll show them on a ball, since our globe is in a box, who knows where! 

No comments: