Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lemonade Stand

On Friday she sold pictures as well.  She made a nice profit, though a large portion came from our neighbor.  I think she made about $1.00 the first day and $5.00 the second. 
Leanna sold Lemonade and cake while our neighbor had a yard sale last weekend. I believe she made more money than the neighbor did at her yard sale!! 

Making the cake-I made her do it with me instructing.  She set up her table and I made her sweep up afterwards and help carry in her stuff.  I had her start rinsing the dishes but was interrupted and she didn't get to finish her own dishes, as I had intended.  I purposely wanted her to do the work as well, though it would have been easier for me to quickly make the cake and clean up.  Part of the experience should be putting the work into it too.  And Monday as part of school, we figured out the cost of supplies and subtracted that from the total amount she made to see how much profit there really was.  (though for this first experiment I supplied the cost of materials)  We talked about ways we could have done things differently to make it better.   I think she will want to try this again sometime!



1 comment:

Sue said...

You just never know she might be a tycoon one day with all her great ideas of making money.

I remember back in the day we kids from Oakwood Street would try and sell mud patties. Coolaid & Lemonaid was another thing we sold too. How things don't change from generations to generations.

Well done, Leanna.