Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sewing and kids and boys

Teaching all the kids to sew is on my list of things to do.  Well, the list in my head.  (I write tons of lists, I am a big listmaker.  Does all the stuff on my lists get done?  Well, no.  But I really like to make the lists anyway.  It clears my head and straightens out my thoughts.)  But I love the thought of all the creative things that the kids could make!  Here's Soulemama's post on her boys' creative sewing efforts.  She just bought them their own sewing machine.  Her oldest just turned nine.   (Hmmmm......my mother promised me a sewing machine when I turned 12.......it took her until my wedding to get it for me!!) 

2 comments:

Sue said...

I really think that is wonderful to teach all your children how to sew.

You just never know, maybe one of them, might want to be a fashion designer, a seamstress, a tailor, or anything they put their mind to from all the things they are taught to learn.

If they know how to sew they don't have to depend on a woman to fix their torn or lost button.

My grandfather knew how to sew and he made a lot of things. I liked the best thing he made was homemade beanbags from his heavy work coat from when he delivered bread for Schaible's Bakery. He did most of his sewing by hand.

sajmom said...

I think some of your most interesting comments are about your memories of your grandparents. It's clear you really loved them!