Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Baum-talented Leanna

Clay baskets from art class and Leanna's watercolor pencil drawing.

The class' landscape, entitled Rainbow Rain.  They were working on depth-foreground and background.  Leanna's part is shown in the top picture, from the red berries by the yellow flower to the other yellow flower(she drew the flowers also). 
Just braggin' while Leanna does some reading comprehension sheets.  Last week Leanna's art teacher stopped me to ask if Leanna showed me her gallery picture-they went downstairs to the gallery to copy any picture they liked.  The teacher showed me Leanna's picture and said it was really really good.  She said particularly the tree was great for her age.  I thought it looked nice but had no idea it was that good.  But the teacher seemed really impressed.  (It's the picture with Leanna in it).
Today I went and looked in the gallery at the picture Leanna chose to copy-she has expensive taste, her picture sells for $6,500.00
They finished the pictures today and while they were down in the gallery someone named Lorenzo(I think)  came over and complimented Leanna's trees.  He's been with the school for a very long time, I'm not sure but I assume he's a teacher there.  Apparently this is a really big deal as he rarely compliments anyone.  The teacher said she only once got a compliment out of him and she went home and yelled to her Mom, I got a compliment from him!! Leanna didn't tell me about this, another girl told me in the elevator.

5 comments:

Sue said...

Leanna's talent in drawing must come from her great-grandfather and her daddy. Tommy was a good artist too and I was so amazed at his sketch pad of free-hand drawings. His grandfather was very good at it too.

Are you talented in drawing? Now me, so she didn't get it from me.

Laura said...

Artistic talent runs rampant in our family. Claire really should be a professional artist. My mom used to draw, as well as my dad's mother-one of her paintings is hanging on the wall in my parent's living room. Most of us are actively involved in some form of crafting or another.

sajmom said...

I'd say it comes from both sides of the family too. I spent my pre-teen through at least my teen years (if not a little longer) drawing. I always had several sketchbooks. I was drawn to all sorts of artistic things.

Sue said...

I'm glad she got her talent from both sides of the family. Wow, I didn't know you were very talented young ladies. I would love to see some of your handy works of art, any form at all.

I just wish I had some of that talent in my little pinky finger.

sajmom said...

You shouldn't put yourself down so much, I'd bet you could develop an artistic skill if you really tried. You just have to find the right one.