Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweetheart

I came home last night and Justin greeted me at the door, arms open, smiling as he said, "Mommy's Home!" Then he quickly told me that he helped make the floor pretty (they had spread blankets and sleeping bags all over the floor) for me. And he rushed to help me carry stuff in, as he always does. It kinda makes my night to come home to something like that. Today he was helping me unload and re-load the dishwasher. He is starting to be a helper, which I am more than a little proud of. : )

2 comments:

Sue said...

Kids are so darn sweet at times. Sometimes you wonder to yourself, OK what did they do, to try to coverup by being so sweet.

sajmom said...

Oh no! You can usually tell the difference. Justin and Timothy are pretty straightforward. They'll tell me, "Mommy, don't look!" Or "Mommy, close your eyes!" when they don't want me to see what they're doing.
Justin has always been just really sweet that way. He'll say the nicest things to me too.