Search This Blog

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Pirates and gentle spirits


I was reading a book about pirates to Justin tonight, but it was one designed for a much older child. So I was sort of skipping around and altering the words to fit his level. I wasn't sure how aware he was of pirates, so I asked him what one was. He replied, "Arrrgggghhh!" and said something about finding treasure. So I began a more detailed explanation. I asked how he would feel if someone came and took all his toys and didn't want to work to buy their own toys. He said he wouldn't like that. Then as I was about to go on he added, "I would have to work when I get older to buy them their own toys!"
I am so impressed with this four year old boy with such a generous spirit. His first thought was to help the pirate that stole his toys. Not to get his toys back, but to give them their own. What a sweet little boy. I think I am really lucky to raise children so beautiful, inside and outside!

No comments: