Search This Blog

Sunday, April 03, 2011

If it's meant to be, it'll happen......

I was looking for a Parentdish article I'd read a while back where the blogger posts about how she had four kids by accident.  It's really shockingly easy to do.  Technically the only "planned" child we've had was Justin!  And though it's hard to imagine now, I was not particularly thrilled to find I was pregnant with Jacob-I was not ready for another baby at that point!  We can't imagine life without him now, and I'm so glad that he came.  I like the article, we're not coming from the exact same place-she didn't even want one kid-but she makes some good points about how scheduled and planned we seem to feel life needs to be, and I like her conclusion:

"But if my kids weren't surprises, then I'm not sure I would have had them at all. Sometimes the universe knows better than we do.

Accidents happen. Condoms break.
And for that I'm thankful. Four times over."

EDIT: I like this from the comments on the article, very true: " it just wasn't a good time for another baby financially. When I called my mom in tears she told me this wasn't an accident, It was a surprise. She said "A surpise is something you didn't know you wanted until you get it and then you can't imagine not having it".

No comments: