Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

'Twas the day before Christmas......

Baking gingerbread people
Justin made a snowman

My Christmas rolling pin! and gingerbread dough


preparing for our army of gingerpeople!



Timothy made a "wooden" soldier

hi . from leannaJacob glued stuff, mostly the table. But with such concentration!


Christmas crafts and baking gingerbread.....we did some dollar craft kits I bought at AC Moore on black Friday after we came home from Phoebe Home last Tuesday. We attended a Christmas party to help hand out presents. It was different.....we had to sit through a performance by a local middle school, which was very good, just waaaaay too long for Jacob to sit through. Justin wasn't doing so well with it either. Plus they had food out on the tables that I wasn't certain was safe for Jacob, so I couldn't let him have any. That was really hard! Leanna looked quite sour the whole time we were there, but when we left I asked her if she still wanted to come back every day (as she said beforehand) and she said yes, she still wanted to come back! We were supposed to go again this week but I ended up having to cancel because Justin had a slight cold and you just can't take any chances in a place like that. A little cold might kill someone with a compromised immune system.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yes, very wise on the cold. A cold is very harmful to the elderly. I'm sure the kids enjoy visiting the elder population.

Wait until they are told stories from one elder resident of the past. They will enjoy listening to those stories, I know I did, when my grandparents used to talk about when they first met and how things cost back then. I still remember her telling me that a loaf of bread was 5 cents and their rent was $50.00 a month and my papa's paycheck was $35.00 a week. It is very interesting of how much things were so much cheaper. Now, they are way out of hand for most of us.