Search This Blog

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Recent funny stuff

Stuff too good not to record for posterity

*After  I came home from the hospital, Leanna heard us talking about why I'd been sent home and heard us taking about me being 2 cm dialated.  She later was telling Aunt Laura on the phone about me being "dialed up" and didn't understand why this sent her Aunt into spasms of laughter.

*Leanna found a pile of her Dad's old pay stubs from the 1990s.  She wanted to use them as report cards for her dolls.  First she was shocked that her Dad once worked at a restaurant, and then I was explaining to her that the year it would be from would be on the paper.  She searched, muttering aloud, 2000.......and I said, no, it would start with a 19!  That's from the 1990s.  Leanna was stunned.  "Daddy was alive in the 19s!" she exclaimed rather loudly!  She just could not get over that fact.  It was absolutely inconceivable that he could have been around back then!       :  )

*The kids were talking about St. Patrick's Day and I commented that hopefully the baby would be out by then. Jacob said, "And I can hold the baby!"  I reassured him that he would be allowed to.  Then  Jacob smiled at me and lovingly told me, "Then the baby can ride my bike."  Awwwww, such a sweet generous boy. 

*Justin's been very helpful lately, gladly offering to pick things up off the floor for me (so I don't have to bend over as it's very very difficult right now), getting things for me or offering to clean small messes.  One day as he rushed to do something for me he very seriously commented, "It's tough having five babies!  I know! I know!"  

(no recent entries from Timothy, he's been on a defiant streak lately, which can be amusing to watch, but not something I'd want to record)

No comments: