Search This Blog

Friday, February 04, 2011

Broke, not Broken

Another post I enjoyed about a family who is "broke, not broken."     This one hits really close to home, although they actually sound like they are a little better off than we are right now. 
So far, we're all still healthy.  So far, we have four wonderfully affectionate, curious, lovable, beautiful children.  We have family that love us.  And for the time being, we have a roof over our heads.  We have no idea what the future holds.  Though we struggle with it, we're not yet broken. 

On a side note: I love that she channels her inner Caroline Ingalls!  I've always thought that woman did get enough credit for all she endured, and so peacefully too.  While it's clear her daughter loves her, Laura really adores her father, and there is nothing wrong with that, but I notice that so many of her mother's accomplishments are glossed over.  As the author points out, I too think she was a good role model as a mother/wife.

Edit: I Love this comment someone left:
2-04-2011 @ 12:13PM

kphiatt said...
I use the WWCID method of discernment all the time! I love her plucky, love is all we need, things will be just fine, we will persevere attitude! I have also been known to employ the thinking of Miss Spider and Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, as needed, though never, ever, ever that of Caillou's mother. I have my standards!

No comments: