Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is my blanket that my grandmother made for me when I was born.  Or at least very young.  I always loved the part pictured-it has one corner that was perfect for putting over your head as a hood.  So I could wear the blanket as a cape as well.  I remember running around with that blanket over my head so many times as a kid.  I miss my grandmother.  I'm going through situations that she went through as well, and I really wish I could go have a cup of tea with her and ask for advice.  We could sit at the kitchen table or out in her living room, her dogs and my kids surrounding us.  She was a good listener, but never pushy with her advice.  I really miss Mimi. 

1 comment:

Sue said...

All grandmothers are like that. My Nana was the best too. You never saw her get angry or lose her temper, like I do. When I lived with her as a child she would hold me and rock me if I had a bad day, or if my mom was fighting with me. She never went to bed angry because she always said that it just gets bigger in the morning, when you wake up. That was her advise to me as a young bride, but it was always hard to live by.

She made me a baby blanket for Billy that I used very hard. It was all pinks, blues, and yellows, multi color yarn. Very heavy and warm. I miss her terribly, still to this day. Good Friday of every year is very painful, even though she died April 14th 1995 on Good Friday. I still celebrate every Good Friday as the death of my Nana and Jesus Christ.