Search This Blog

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm no superman, uh, woman

Gah! I just realized that I don't know where the Tiger costume is for Jacob to wear! Our whole house is such a mess, the past 6 months have just felt like one event after another. We've been rearranging stuff and halfway painting (the upper half of the kitchen is now a yellowish white, but only one coat. And it doesn't look like it will get any further for a while) and redoing the computer and having birthdays and going to doctor's (and ERS!) The entire house needs a thorough Martha Stewart type cleaning, but lord knows if she set foot in here it would send her straight to her grave, where she would promptly spin three times and then settle on her bed of faberge eggs in her artfully decorated coffin. Or whatever. I'm not really awake. Anyway, The costumes are all sewn, I just have to find Jacob's costume, get Timothy a pair of dark pants and gloves(I have 3 black gloves from 3 different sets-none entirely alike!), and spray paint Justin's boots. Tom's doing a barter with a plumber friend-the friend needs a chicken coop built and in exchange will fix it so we have heat in a few rooms that currently don't. He has to tap into the baseboard heat system. That's supposed to happen this weekend. That means I have two days to do an awful lot of cleaning in the rooms he will need to be in. I'm really hoping that it will get put off until the weekend after to give me time to clean the upstairs! As I said, the place is trashed right now from me spending free time working on costumes. I really wish I was one of those supermoms who raise large families that run like a well-oiled machine, and are better organized than most families with one kid! I am sooooo not that person.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

as i would tell jonathan, "take a deep breath and it will be ok!" =)