Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Yuck

A really really bad day. A trip (in the rain) to the dentist's office to confirm that I do indeed need a root cannal. He said, "I didn't want to tell you the last time." I guess because I was in enough pain from getting the 3 wisdom teeth removed. $75.oo for him to tap on the tooth that's hurting and tell me that! Tom's in the wrong field. So I have to go back Monday and have part of a root cannal. Did I mention we don't have dental insurance?
I am so tired of being in pain. It's been one thing or another this year. Frankly, the dentist is starting to annoy me. He just goes so far out of his way to reassure you that it bothers me. He's kind of smarmy. My sister's gone to him and she agrees. Then we got absolutly soaked comming home. One bright spot was that a lady stopped in her car and yelled out to ask if we wanted an umbrella. I told her no, we're almost home. A minute later her car pulls over (she'd turned her car around) and she hands the umbrella to me. That was really sweet. Sometimes people can be nice.
Going home was just depressing.....The house is trashed-the kids have spent this week getting into stuff. Last night Justin took out two pans and decided to skate around the kitchen floor with his feet in them. Today Timothy took out all the remaining pans to play with. And earlier this week Leanna and Justin took out all my cookie cutters. I couldn't get too mad because they came over to me with big smiles on their faces, here Mommy-we made you some egg salad! And they had a big plastic container filled with cookie cutters. That was the "egg salad." So now I have to wash all the cookie cutters and the majority of my pots and pans. We've had so many appointments lately-I'm sick of waiting around in offices. I can't fold laundry around the kids anymore because Timothy grabs all the wash and throws it in and out of the basket. Sometimes I think I'm being sneaky and will almost have it all folded and he'll come over and knock all my piles over.
It's just been one of those weeks where everything has been going wrong. Drinks keep spilling, food isn't eaten and there are messes everywhere. The kids have been obnoxiously loud and fighting constantly. Justin woke up this morning yelling, Leanna hit me! Even after I explained to him that she couldn't have, she was still sleeping, he still kept insisting she had! Justin ripped two library books, and in the one book he ripped two pages. I'm just overwhelmed by how much there is to do. And very tired.

No comments: