Search This Blog

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Understanding allergies-a call for kids books

Just putting out a call over the interwebs in case anyone knows of good books on the subject of allergies for younger children.  I've seen a few for explaining them to older kids, but I'm looking for something for Jacob's age group.  He just turned three.  I saw a few on amazon.  But I'm thinking there may be more out there somewhere?  I'm hoping someone will run into this post and offer advice!  Plus I couldn't find any books dealing with a soy allergy.  Or environmental allergies.    I think those two are bigger factors for Jacob than peanuts, which seems to be the most popular subject for allergy books.

  Jacob knows he's allergic to peanut and soy, but that won't stop him from trying to eat either.  He will tell me that he's not allergic to them or that he isn't but Justin is.  I'll warn him that something will make him itch, but at his age he just can't make long term connections.  If he immediately began itching after eating, it'd actually be easier.  So I was hoping to find a few books to help him understand a little bit, and help his siblings understand as well.

No comments: